Introducing Self-Scheduling for Practical Plumbing Exams!
An Easy, Familiar Way to Schedule Your Your Hands-On Test!
Great news! If you’ve already passed a written/computer-based Tradesman or Journeyman exam, you can now easily schedule your practical (hands-on) plumbing exam on the same website you used to schedule your computer-based test.
Quick Steps to Schedule Your Practical Exam:
- Wait for Your Authorization to Test: After passing the written exam, Pearson VUE will send you an “Authorization to Test” email.
- Log In (or create a new account): Use your existing Pearson VUE account to log in, or create a new account on the Pearson Vue site here.
- Pick a Date: Choose an available date that works for you.
- Select Location: Remember, practical exams are only at Austin and Waco centers. Please note that Waco dates are currently limited, if there are no more spots available now, there will be soon!
Things to Know:
- Time Frame: You have one year from passing your written test to complete the practical exam.
- First Come, First Serve: Exams fill up, so schedule as soon as you can!
- No Additional Fees: The fee you paid when you submitted your exam application covers the cost of the practical examination, so there are no surprises on the day of the test.
- Retakes: If you fail, you’ll need to reapply with the TSBPE to receive a new Authorization to Test. Remember there is a 30, 60 and 90 day waiting period after each failure.
What to Wear and Bring:
- Materials: We provide all the materials you’ll need for the test.
- No Short Pants or Open-Toed Shoes: Seriously, no exceptions.
- See Full Safety Policy here.
- Name Check: Make sure the name on your Pearson VUE account matches your government-issued ID.
- Last-Minute Booking: You can book the written exam up to one day in advance, but the practical exam needs at least 10 days’ notice.
- No shows and Failures require a new application and fee with the TSBPE. Emergency reschedules due to illness or auto breakdowns require written approval from the TSBPE’s Chief Examiner.
- DO NOT CALL PEARSON VUE TO SCHEDULE YOUR PRACTICAL EXAM: Pearson VUE does not schedule exams over the phone. You must use your Pearson VUE account to schedule your practical exam online.
- For more information, be sure to check out the TSBPE page on Pearson VUE’s website here.
- Call us: 512-839-4230