The mission of the Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners (TSBPE) is to protect Texas citizens against the health and safety hazards that can result from improperly installed plumbing, gas, and medical gas systems.
Customer Service Standards
The Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners (TSBPE) strives to ensure members of the public have a positive experience with us by providing the highest level of customer service possible. For quick and easy access, we maintain detailed up-to-date information on our web site and continually work to increase the number of online services available. Under our Compact with Texans we commit to:
- Treat you with courtesy and respect.
- Be fair, ethical and professional.
- Provide timely and responsive service.
- Give you clear, accurate and consistent information.
- Follow through on our commitments.
- Strive for continuous improvement in all of our services.
We are honored to serve you and welcome your feedback. Please send comments, suggestions, or complaints regarding customer service to email@example.com.
The TSBPE is responsible for regulating the plumbing industry in Texas through the administration and enforcement of the Plumbing License Law (Chapter 1301 of the Texas Occupations Code). The services provided by the TSBPE fall into four categories: examination, licensing, enforcement, and education.
The TSBPE issues the following types of licenses, endorsements, and registrations:
- Master Plumber License
- Journeyman Plumber License
- Tradesman Plumber-Limited License
- Plumbing Inspector License
- Medical Gas Piping Installation Endorsement
- Multipurpose Residential Fire Protection Sprinkler Specialist Endorsement
- Water Supply Protection Specialist Endorsement
- Plumber’s Apprentice Registration
- Drain Cleaner-Restricted Registration
- Drain Cleaner Registration
- Residential Utilities Installer Registration
Examination. The TSBPE’s examination function ensures that all those who hold a plumbing license or endorsement have met or exceeded minimum standards of competency and have the knowledge and experience needed to perform plumbing work properly. The Examination Department is primarily responsible for:
- Writing examinations and updating exam questions and content
- Developing examination review materials
- Processing applications for all licensure and endorsement examinations
- Processing applications for the Drain Cleaner-Restricted, Drain Cleaner, and Residential Utilities Installer Registrations
- Scheduling exams
- Administering and grading exams
- Notifying applicants of their exam results
- Responding to customer inquiries
Licensing. The TSBPE’s licensing function ensures that those working in the plumbing trade are staying current with changes in the plumbing codes, knowledgeable about technical advances in the industry, and improving their skill as plumbers through continuing education. The registration of Plumber’s Apprentices is vital to the growth of the industry because it provides a clear career path for obtaining a license. The Licensing Department is primarily responsible for:
- Processing initial applications for registration as a Plumber’s Apprentice Registration
- Issuing initial licenses and endorsements, including licensure certificates and pocket cards
- Processing renewals for all licenses, registrations, and endorsements
- Providing information and answering questions about continuing professional education requirements
- Providing technical support regarding online user accounts
- Testing improvements to the TSPBE’s online system
- Responding to customer inquiries
Enforcement. Proactive enforcement of the Plumbing License Law, rules adopted by the Board, and plumbing codes protects both consumers and the plumbing industry. Identifying and penalizing individuals and companies offering or performing plumbing services without the proper license reduces the risk posed to consumers by improperly installed plumbing. Penalizing business owners, licensees, and registrants who fail to abide by the laws, rules, and ordinances regulating plumbing keeps industry standards high. The Enforcement Department is primarily responsible for:
- Processing consumer complaints
- Investigating consumer complaints
- Imposing administrative penalties for violations of the Plumbing License Law and Board Rules
- Reviewing exam applications and Plumber’s Apprentice Registration applications submitted by individuals with criminal convictions
- Conducting random, jobsite compliance checks
- Monitoring continuing professional education courses
The department also has two attorneys who are responsible for:
- Advising the Enforcement Committee
- Representing the TSBPE at contested case hearings
- Drafting agency rules
- Assisting with the training of instructors of continuing professional education courses
- Drafting Final Orders and Agreed Final Orders for consideration by the Board
- Responding to open records requests
Education. Although not expressly required by statute, the TSBPE believes an education component is inherent in all of its functions. Without the TSBPE’s efforts to educate licensees and registrants about what is expected regarding compliance, many plumbers would find themselves in unintentional violation of the laws, rules, ordinances, and plumbing codes that regulate the industry. Educating consumers about the regulations helps them to understand what is expected of a licensed plumber, which in turn helps them to make better decisions when choosing who to hire. Raising awareness about the dangers of incorrectly installed plumbing systems also helps to deter consumers from hiring unlicensed individuals.