With cold weather on the horizon, it’s more important than ever to ensure you’re choosing a licensed plumber for your needs. Hiring a licensed professional not only guarantees they’ve met specific standards, but it also means they’re accountable to our state regulatory board.
To better prepare for the impending cold weather, consider utilizing our downloadable Responsible Master Plumber (RMP) Spreadsheet. This list contains comprehensive information about Responsible Master Plumbers (RMPs) and their associated companies:
- Access The RMP Spreadsheet: Click here to access the downloadable RMP spreadsheet.
- Download the File: Click on the link to download the file. It’s available in .csv format, compatible with any spreadsheet program.
- Search Within the Spreadsheet: Use your spreadsheet program’s search function (usually Ctrl+F or Command+F) to find plumbing companies in your area.
Additionally, individuals employed by plumbing companies can be found using the TSBPE’s Public License Search:
- Access The Public License Search: Click here to access the Public License Search tool.
- Search by Location: Select “Search by Location” from the drop-down menu. Enter your city or zip code, and you’ll see a list of licensed plumbers in your area.
- Review License Details: Click on a plumber’s name to view their license details, including their license type and status. This information can help you determine if the plumber is qualified for your specific cold weather concerns.
- Check Disciplinary History: You have the option to review the disciplinary history of any licensee, which could influence your hiring decision.
Please note: while the TSBPE recommends obtaining bids for plumbing projects, we understand that emergencies might necessitate immediate action. Be aware that the TSBPE doesn’t regulate the pricing of plumbing services, which can result in different hourly rates and pricing strategies across individual plumbers and firms. However, we do require that all plumbers and plumbing companies provide accurate portrayals of their prices and services. Should you need our assistance, we encourage you to email our Enforcement department: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As we prepare for the cold weather and the new year, we at TSBPE want to wish you a warm and Happy New Year!