The Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners (TSBPE) honors and supports our military personnel and veterans returning to civilian life and wishes to thank them for the sacrifices that they and their families have made on behalf of our nation. The skills that men and women acquire in the Armed Forces are valuable and may benefit an individual that decides to pursue a career in the plumbing industry.
The TSBPE offers certain benefits to military service members, their spouses, and military veterans who may be interested in becoming a registered Plumber’s Apprentice or licensed plumber or Plumbing Inspector. These benefits include:
- Alternative licensing procedures for those who hold a current plumbing license issued by another state or held a plumbing license or registration previously issued in Texas within the last five years (the Executive Director may waive either of these requirements on a case-by-case basis)
- Methods for meeting the prerequisites necessary to obtain a license or registration, including the acceptance of verified military service, training, or education when a DD 214 form is submitted or a copy of military ID if in active status to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expedited processing of applications for licensure or registration
- A waiver of the fee for an initial license or registration or an examination application for verified military personnel or verified veterans
- A waiver of late fees on license or registration renewals for those verified as active duty at the time of renewal
- Additional time to complete continuing education and other requirements related to the renewal of a license or registration
- The Military Supplemental Application will need to be filled out and turned in with any application
For more information about licensing of military service members, their spouses, and military veterans, submit your DD214 or Military ID and then please contact TSBPE’s Veterans’ Liaison at (512) 936-5226 or via email at: email@example.com.