Having trouble renewing online? Please review the following information for assistance.
Question 1: How do I renew my plumbing license/registration?
- Renew your license/registration online.
- Renewals can only be paid online if the license/registration is within 2 months of its expiration date or has been expired for 275 days or less.
- To begin, you must first create a secure online account. Please select the link Register for a secure online account to sign up!
- If you already have an online account, please login with your User ID (email address) and password. If you’ve forgotten your password, you may click the forgotten password link just below the login information. If you have any questions regarding your User ID, error messages, or wish to contact technical support please email the Online Licensing Help at email@example.com.
- Renewals may be paid using a credit/debit card or electronic check (ACH).
- You may also update your contact information by clicking View user profile at the Main Menu.
I. Once you are logged in to your online account, you will see the Main Menu with a list of functions to your left. You should also see your license/registration number on the right side of the screen.
- Important information: If your license/registration number is not visible, skip forward to Question #2.
II. Click on your license/registration number. You will then see a new list of functions to your left with a link for renewal at the top. Click Renewal.
III. You will then be prompted to answer a few questions similar to a standard renewal form. Once you’ve completed the questions, you are now ready to submit the online renewal! Click Submit.
IV. You will now be prompted to submit your renewal payment. Click pay now to continue.
V. Welcome to the Texas.gov payment screen! Enter your personal information along with your email address to receive an email confirmation with your receipt.
VI. Next, you will enter your credit/debit card information and proceed to enter the CAPCHA code to begin processing the payment.
VII. Congratulations! You’ve successfully submitted your payment to TSBPE! You may now click the payment summary button if you wish to review the charges or click log off at the top right to sign out of your online account.
VII. Once all renewal requirements have been met, you can expect to receive your new pocket card in the mail within 7-10 business days.
Question 2:What if my license/registration is not visible to the right of the Main Menu?
I. Once you are logged in, please click the link Add license to online registration at the Main Menu.
II. You will be prompted to select a Board. Select Plumbing – Licensed or Registered from the drop-down menu.
III. Next, you will be prompted to enter the following information:
- Social Security Number (Numbers only! No dashes, slashes, etc.)
- Date of Birth in the following format (mm/dd/yyyy be sure to include the forward slashes)
- Zip Code
IV. If entered correctly, the system should match your data with your license/registration number in our system.
V. Click Add to proceed.
- Important information: If you receive an error “Entity already associated to another User ID…” this means your license/registration number is already in use under a different email address. This can be due to a former employer who renewed your license in the past or a previous email address that is no longer in use. If this is the case, please contact the Online Licensing Help at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Be sure to type “Entity Already Exists” as the subject and provide your name, plumbing license/registration number, the new email address you wish to update and a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing.
VI. Please allow 24-72 hours for a response from our Online Licensing Help.
Question 3: What should I do if I’ve been locked out of my online account due to numerous login attempts?
I. If you are locked out of your online account, simply close of out your web browser completely.
II. Once you’ve closed out, reopen the browser and navigate to the login screen.
III. The lock will be removed and you will be able to attempt to login once more.
IV. If the system still shows that you are locked out, please allow 30 minutes before attempting to login again.
Question 4: I have received a temporary password by email, but I still cannot login. What should I do next?
I. Be sure to use the COPY and PASTE feature when entering the temporary password to login.
II. Oftentimes a user will write down the password and enter it incorrectly.
III. If the password is still incorrect, please contact the Online Licensing Help at email@example.com for assistance.